For some, cruising is still the last thing on their mind. But, for many, there’s no better way to enjoy a Disney vacation than aboard the Disney Cruise Line.
For those who are eager to get back on board, there are changes to the way we step aboard the cruise ships.
View these requirements…and follow them to a T. You don’t want to be left behind when ships set sail.
Vaccines Are Required For All Guests Ages 5 and Older
Since Cruise Ships dock at many different countries, they must adhere to the rules and regulations being enforced by that country.
This means that the Disney Cruise Line now requires all Guests, ages 5 and older, to be fully vaccinated before being allowed to board a Disney Cruise Ship.
Bringing a child too young to be vaccinated? Guests, ages 4 and younger, who are currently too young to be vaccinated, are required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test.
A NAAT test, rapid PCR test or lab-based PCR test must be taken between 3 days and 24 hours before your sail date. Rapid antigen tests are not accepted.
Testing can be done at any independent testing supplier. But, if you’re not sure where to go, a PCR Testing Kit can be ordered online.
Ordering a PCR Test Kit
Each PCR Testing Kit from Inspire Diagnostics (USA only) includes instructions for testing on your own, as well as paid postage to send it back. These tests are time sensitive, so, immediately send the kit back to Inspire Diagnostics, if you go this route.
While the do-it-yourself kit could make things easier for some, I would personally look for a testing site in your area before ordering one from Inspire Diagnostics. While they do provide a postage-paid envelope with the kit, each of these kits will cost you $98.33 per test.
Provide Proof of Vaccination or Negative COVID Test
The CDC considers you to be fully vaccinated 14 days after receiving your final dose of the vaccine. So, please don’t wait until the last minute to finish your 2nd dose.
Everyone in your traveling party will need to create an account on the Safe Passage by Inspire Diagnostics Website and provide proof of vaccination or proof of a negative COVID-19 test. Make sure you do this as soon as possible to avoid delays
If Inspire Diagnostics has not received your required documentation, you may be denied boarding. So, watch for those required dates (Refer to the timeline below).
Always remember to bring your proof of vaccination with you. If there’s an issue, you want to be able to show your Vaccination status quickly and easily.
Embarkation and Debarkation Testing
Disney Cruise Line is also requiring that everyone take a COVID-19 test at the terminal before boarding. This test is paid for by Disney Cruise Line.
Anyone who tests positive, as well as those sharing the same stateroom and their close contacts, will not be allowed to sail.
Although Guests ages 4 and under were just tested within the past few days, they will need to be retested upon entering the terminal. If you’re sailing on a 5-night or longer sailings, these young Guests will be tested again, on the ship, the day before Debarkation. This Disney Cruise Line fully funds these tests.
Guests Recently Recovered from COVID-19
A brand new change involves Guests recently recovered from COVID-19.
It’s possible that some Guests may still test positive for COVID-19, even after they’ve recovered. In this specific circumstance, proof that you’ve recovered is required to be considered “90-Day-Recovered” and allowed entry onto the Cruise Ship.
Guests proven to be “90-Day-Recovered” are not required to be tested at any point of the trip.
Proof of Recovery
The following information will need to be uploaded to the Safe Passage site prior to your Embarkation.
- A copy of your previous positive COVID-19 test, taken between 11 days and 90 days from your sail date.
- The test must have been antigen, NAAT, rapid PCR or lab-based PCR and it must include your date of birth. Rapid antigen tests are not accepted.
- A signed letter stating that you have recovered and are clear for travel.
- This must be on official letterhead that shows the name, address and phone number of a licensed healthcare provider or public health official.
- Proof of vaccination
Bring this documentation with you to the port, as well.
Complete the Pre-Trip Embarkation Health Questionnaire
It’s always a good idea to have the Disney Cruise Line Navigator App on your phone when you sail. The App lets you explore activities, chat with friends and family onboard, view your reservations, etc. There is also a new new virtual queue system to debark the ship at all ports of call.
But, on Embarkation Day, it’ll also allow you to easily fill out your Health Questionnaire. By filling this out, you’re confirming that you’re not currently experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
Face Masks Required For Everyone
Everyone over the age of 2 will be required to wear face masks while indoors. Of course, this does not apply to your own stateroom or when you’re actively eating.
Any time you’re outdoors on board the ship, you will be able to take your mask off. The same rule applies to Castaway Cay.
However, Cruise Lines do stop at other countries. So, face masks may be required outside in ports of call, based on local government requirements.
Your Trip is Booked!
- Download the Disney Cruise Line Navigator app.
- Use the App (or DisneyCruiseLine.com) to reserve activities,, adult-exclusive dining, Port Adventures and more.
30 Days Before Setting Sail
- Complete Online Check-In
- Can be done 30-1 day before the date you set sail
- Be sure to select a Port Arrival time
- Due to COVID-19, Guests aren’t allowed to arrive at the terminal or in parking areas before their scheduled arrival time. If you arrive early, you’ll be asked to return at your scheduled arrival time. If you arrive late, you may be asked to wait behind those arriving at their scheduled time
15 Days Before Setting Sail
- Guests ordering a testing kit from Inspire Diagnostics should order one now, so you have it in hand at least 4 days before setting sail.
- For children 3 to 12 years old, reserve a session time at the Oceaneer Club and Oceaneer Lab online or via the Disney Cruise Navigator app.
Between 15 days and 24 Hours Prior to Setting Sail
- Every Guest must create an account associated with their reservation on the Safe Passage website by Inspire Diagnostics. An account can’t be created more than 15 days before setting sail.
- Ensure your account indicates those in your travel party are clear to arrive at the port.
- Upload your proof of vaccination or COVID-19 test results.
- Guests, ages 4 and under, provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result (paid for by the Guest)
- If you qualify, provide documentation for subsequent approval to be considered “90-Day-Recovered.”
All Guests (including children) must:
- Complete the pre-trip Health Questionnaire (available via the Disney Cruise Line Navigator app and online).
- Take a COVID-19 test (paid for by Disney Cruise Line) at the terminal before boarding.
- Bring proof of your COVID-19 test results and vaccination status along with your Port Arrival form with QR codes.
Modifying or Cancelling Your Cruise
If you’re using a Travel Agent, let him/her know you need to change your dates or cancel your cruise, as soon as possible. We can let you know what the most up-to-date rules are regarding cancellations.
Remember to also check in with your Airline, Travel Insurance company, etc to see if you’ll be charged a cancellation fee.
Although Disney has been waiving cancellation fees, in most cases, these are considered 3rd Party vendors. So, cancellation fees may apply.
Additional Information About The Disney Cruise Line
Where there’s changes, there are questions. As much as we try to answer as many questions as possible in these posts, we can’t always answer them all. You can find additional information on changes made to the Disney Cruise Line on Disney’s Know Before You Go page.
But, if this resource doesn’t help, please feel free to ask us here. We’re always eager to help.
Ready to book your vacation?
This post contains affiliate links. By providing these links, we may receive a small commission when you purchase items through these links. This does not come at an additional cost to you, nor does it provide us with any of your information. These commissions, however small, help small businesses, such as Explore With Catherine, stay afloat. So, THANK YOU!