It’s official! Disney World WILL be open Tues September 12th.
There are many employees who evacuated with their families and they will need a day or two to get back home. Because of this, it is possible that Disney will be short staffed. There may be modifications to some attractions and entertainment offerings. While the rest of the parks will be open tomorrow, Water Parks will remain closed and will reopen later this week.
Hours of operation for Tuesday, September 12:
- Magic Kingdom Park – 9:00am-7:00pm, with an added Extra Magic Hour beginning at 8:00am for Disney Resort Guests who weathered the storm at Disney
- Epcot – 9:00am-9:00pm, with previously scheduled Extra Magic Hours form 9:00-11:00pm for Resort Guests
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom – 9:00am-9:00pm
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios – 9:00am-9:00pm
- Disney Springs – 10:00am-12:00am
- Blizzard Beach – Closed
- Typhoon Lagoon – Closed
- Fort Wilderness Campground will remain closed at this time while assessments to the property are completed.
- To allow Disney’s Fort Wilderness to prepare the property after Hurricane Irma, all
shows at The Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue and Mickey’s Backyard BBQ will be cancelled Tuesday, September 12. Any existing reservations will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Treehouse Villas are scheduled to re-open on Thursday,
- Disney’s Vero Beach and Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resorts will remain closed at this time.
Universal Studios WILL be open Tues September 12th
Universal Studios, Universal’s Islands of Adventure, and Volcano Bay only suffered minor damage including fencing, trees, signage and building facades. They are working hard to open as scheduled on Tuesday at 9 AM.
Universal’s Halloween Horror Nights event will begin as scheduled this Friday.
Sea World Orlando WILL NOT be open Tues September 12th
SeaWorld Orlando, Aquatica Orlando and Discovery Cove will remain closed on Tuesday, September 12 to allow for additional debris clean-up from Hurricane Irma.
SeaWorld Orlando and Aquatica Orlando expect to reopen on Wednesday, September 13.
Busch Gardens Tampa WILL NOT be open Tues September 12th
Busch Gardens Tampa Bay will remain closed Tuesday, September 12 to allow for final debris clean-up from Hurricane Irma. During initial evaluation, no significant damage has been discovered and all animals are accounted for, with clean-up crews working to clear storm debris from park areas.
Busch Gardens expect to reopen on Wednesday, September 13.