It’s August. So, that only means one thing…it’s time to pick out your Halloween costumes!
In all seriousness, the Halloween season is one of the most popular times of year in the Disney Parks. That’s why the decorations go up so early. And it’s also why there’s so many Parties now.
And as someone who has attending a few Parties over the years, I have to admit, there’s nothing quite like Halloween at Disney. The smells, the music, the decor, and the amazing homemade Halloween Costumes are things I look forward to each year.
My problem is that many costumes are simply too hot, especially if you attend the Parties in Florida when the temperature hasn’t yet dropped.
That’s why I always aim for simple costumes. Not only do they get you in the holiday spirit, they don’t make you wish you brought another pair of clothes to change into when you inevitably sweat through your costume.
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party and Oogie Boogie Bash Tickets
Tickets to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, in Magic Kingdom, are selling quickly! If you’re thinking of attending one of the Parties this season, I wouldn’t recommend waiting too much longer.
Want to get a discount on your Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Tickets? We have the details on how you can save a few dollars!
Disney is no longer selling tickets to Oogie Boogie Bash, in Disney California Adventure. Despite the Party not starting until September 2, 2022, all tickets are sold out for the entire Halloween Season.
Halloween Costume Ideas For Children
Character Inspired Dresses
These soft Disney Inspired dresses are perfect Halloween costumes for the Parks. They’re soft, they’re lightweight, and they have less “poof” than many of the Disney princess dresses seem to have. Plus, they have sizes as little as 12-18 months.
But, I’m most impressed by how many dresses there is to choose from. Aside from the standard Disney Princesses, there are:
- Star Wars characters like Rey, Chewy, BB-8, R2D2, and Darth Vader
- The Incredibles
- Mickey and 2 different Minnie Mouse dresses
- Toy Story (including Bo Peep and Forky)
- …and more
There are so many different designs to choose from. These dresses may have an extra layer, but it’s still lightweight enough for a hot night in the Parks. Plus, they have sizes as small as a 2T.
Character themed t-shirts are the only way we know how to dress up for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party.
If you’re going to be walking around the Parks all day, you may as well be comfortable. Throw on a comfy t-shirt, some matching shorts, and you’ve got yourself a Halloween Costume that’s truly Park-worthy.
- Mix it up in the Parks with this Avengers 4-Pack
- Or make it easy on yourself and get a complete Avengers outfit (includes shirt and shorts)
- Perhaps you have a little princess who doesn’t like to wear dresses. These Princess Dress inspired t-shirts are the perfect solution.
- Or you may earn yourself a few more Wilderness Explorer badges with this Russell shirt
- Perhaps Jack Skellington will help you get into the Halloween spirit
Is there anything cuter than a baby in a costume? I didn’t think so. But, if there’s one thing that I’ve learned is that you don’t need a big elaborate Halloween Costume. Sometimes a super cute onesie is the perfect way to go, especially when it’s hot out.
- A 5-pack of Pixar Pals, for those inevitable outfit changes
- Or perhaps a 5-pack of Disney Princess onesies will suit you better
- Mickey and Donald Duck Pack – because no one can choose just one
- R2D2, “Baby”-8, Baby Yoda, and Darth Vader Halloween Costumes for the littles Sar Wars Fans
- Dress up your littlest heroes in Thor, Spider Man, The Hulk, or Captain America onesies
Halloween Costume Ideas For Women
Crowned Athletic Tank Top
What’s more appropriate to wear to a Disney Park than a tank top that is literally made to sweat in?
I wouldn’t call myself athletic. But, every single time these tank tops come across my Pinterest Feed, I can’t help but look at them. Not only are they adorable, every single item on their site is Disney inspired. Their fabric is also so soft! I am constantly trying to find outfits that match my purple wall headband!
I could definitely come up with an entire Halloween costume with these tank tops. But, really, they’re great any time of the year.
Love a deal as much as I do? Simply click this link or enter ExploreWithCatherine at checkout and you’ll get 10% off your purchase!
Just like the girls’ Princess Inspired Dresses, sometimes the best option is also the easiest. A simple sundress make perfect Halloween costumes for those hot Disney Park days.
- The thing I love the best about this adorable Minnie Mouse dress is that it has pockets! I love an outfit with pockets!
- This Ursula dress, for when you’re feeling villainous.
- Perhaps it’s just me, but wearing this Moana dress would make me want to sing all day long.
My family loves taking advantage of the shorter lines during Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. So, easily getting in and out of the attractions is top priority. So, for us, T-shirts are the way to go!
- Going with 8 of your closest friends? Dress up as Snow White, the Evil Queen, and the 7 Dwarfs in matching shirts
- Or you could dress up as Jack Skellington, the Pumpkin king, himself.
- I love a good Disney princess themed shirt. And this Belle shirt is no different.
Disney Parks Specific Costumes
How have I never known that a Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party shirt was a thing? Is there anything more perfect than a Disney Parks Specific costume?
- Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Cast Member
- We wants the Redhead! Or perhaps you’ll want Redd’s Pirate outfit from Pirates of the Caribbean
- Try not to speed off too fast when you wear this Test Track Cast Member shirt
Halloween Costume Ideas For Men
More Character Themed T-shirts
I may have gone a little overboard with the Character Themed shirts. But, that just goes to show how many amazing shirts are out there.
- What can I say, except you’re welcome for showing you this awesome Maui shirt.
- Match this awesome Prince Adam (AKA the Beast) shirt with the Belle shirt above, and you’ve got an amazingly comfortable couple’s Halloween Costume.
- Yoo hoo! It’s an adorable Oaken shirt
- Try on this Flynn Rider shirt, if you think you got the smolder for it.
- This has got to be the most unique Slinky Dog shirt I’ve ever seen.
Disney Parks Specific Costumes
You can’t go wrong with any of these Disney Parks shirts. You never know, even your most stubborn guy may enjoy wearing these.
- Welcome, foolish mortals, to the Haunted Haunted Mansion Ghost Host shirt
- Bring out the corny jokes because you’ll need them when you’re wearing this Jungle Cruise shirt
- Thanks for dropping in and looking at this awesome Tower of Terror Cast Member shirt
Ready to book your magical vacation?
Planning a trip can be overwhelming. Don’t do it alone. Get a helping hand.
This post contains affiliate links. By providing these links, we may receive a small commission when you purchase items through these links. This does not come at an additional cost to you, nor does it provide us with any of your information. These commissions, however small, help small businesses, such as Explore With Catherine, stay afloat. So, THANK YOU!